Human Resource Director-Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Responsible for providing human resource services and products that perpetuate and enhance the Levy culture and vision and values. Results are achieved through intelligent, professional and practical communication, management and leadership skills. Major areas of responsibility will be recruiting, training, compensation and employee relations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
* Oversees updates to location management and team member training programs and supports location management in accomplishing standards * Oversees quarterly team member training according to location objectives * Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs * Communicates team member performance appraisals to location management to ensure timely execution * Accurately completes and updates the weekly Recruiting Report * Follows the SRF and SAF process to effectively process the administrative portion of the position * Practices and promotes consistent and equitable application and enforcement of all policies and procedures * Fosters strong relationships with operations by making accessibility and responsiveness a priority * Acts as a resource for managers on employee relations
* Effectively uses all financial control systems * Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems * Achieves assigned delegated budget goals * Maintains up-to-date team member insurance payments and proper accounting for all insured team members * Maintains and audits all team member employment files to ensure all Core Signature standards are maintained * Processes and audits all new hire documentation to ensure accuracy * Executes Levy Creating Legends classes and new hire orientation according to standard * Ensures all hourly positions are filled according to operational needs
* Oversees all on-site Human Resources functions and effectively interacts with Home Office Human Resources department * Supports the development and administration of effective team member retention and recruiting programs, while monitoring effectiveness and trends in attrition * Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team * Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale * Conducts benefits meetings and on-going communications related to team member benefits * Effectively communicates the Levy culture to current and potential employees * Administers company recognition systems * Conducts regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members * Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy guidelines * Displays a positive attitude towards team members * Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
* Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English * English reading, writing, math and computer skills required * Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week * Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates * Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts * Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains * Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift * Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system * Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence * Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associated topics: chief human resource officer, director, guidance, head, lead, leader, leadership, manager, president, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.