Compensation: $47,530.00 - $76,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Executive Chef, Madison
The Executive Chef will take overall responsibility for ensuring the successful operational and financial performance of the culinary operation for Everyday Kitchen, Clever Moose, and all of Lodgic Madison, according to the company s purpose, values, brand standards, and key performance indicators.
Reporting directly to the on-site Managing Director and National Food & Beverage Director, and working cooperatively with the Restaurant Managers and other departmental leaders, the Executive Chef will lead and guide the culinary team to deliver a seamlessly excellent food experience for guests at all times, and in all areas of the facility.
The Executive Chef takes ultimate responsibility and accountability for food quality and reputation, customer satisfaction, team leadership, and operational and financial management of the total culinary operation that drives results.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Create and lead a thriving and growth-oriented culinary operation that includes a seamlessly excellent food experience for guests at all times, in the restaurant and across all areas of the facility.
- Plan, organize and lead the Culinary Department according to company policies and Wisconsin state standards.
- Strategically partner with the Restaurant Managers and National Food & Beverage Director to deliver an approachable, consistent, and elevated dining experience.
- Deliver effective and efficient dining experiences by leading kitchen operation and food production by example and prepare staff for growth, including ongoing training.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment while excelling in analyzing costs, profitability, productivity, and food quality.
- Prepare and maintain the kitchen budget as well as assuring the highest standards for health, sanitation, and safety necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness.
- Produce and maintain the highest food quality and controls for all food products served in all areas. Execute top-quality food experiences by ensuring menus, recipes, methods, pictures, and specifications are followed.
- Implement and maintain all standards set by the company; establishes the manner and means to train staff according to standard.
- Ensure timely setup and line checks with quality assurance.
- Write schedules and manage labor spend to budgets.
- Ongoing training with cooks in all areas, including training safe work habits and alert all culinary staff to notify the chef on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once.
- Ensure teamwork and proper communication with the front of house staff and Lodgic leadership team across entire facility.
- Hire and train culinary staff. Provide direction to team members regarding operations and procedural issues while developing culinary staff by providing ongoing feedback. Establish performance expectations and conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate daily tasks to staff to ensure smooth operation and service. Share overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and Wisconsin state standards.
- Collaborate with Events department on menu creation, food preparation, food quality, and product being delivered consistent with BEO guidelines.
- Collaborate with Kids Camp management on menu creation, food preparation and quality, quantity, and product being delivered consistent with brand and state licensing guidelines.
- Accommodate guests special request and dietary restrictions.
- Be the voice of Everyday Kitchen and the overall Lodgic culinary experience. Participate in social media and public relations as needed.
- Partner with other Lodgic culinary leaders and the corporate team to enhance and grow the experience and performance of Everyday Kitchen, Clever Moose, and the Lodgic food & beverage experience overall.
- Administrative tasks as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent trade school certification.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related position.
- Food Serve Safe certification.
- Strong knowledge of Wisconsin state sanitation regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must possess a good work history, stability, and desire to support the business as an operational contributor.
- Excellent cooking skills; can taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Experienced in training and leading teams as well as large-quantity food preparation; excellent knowledge of scratch kitchen operations.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Product, cost, and quality conscious.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least ten hours.
- Fast-paced movements to go from one part of the facility to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift up to 50 pounds on occasion, and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch, and climb as required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, paid vacation, personal time, and holidays.
- Basic life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability, and employee assistance program; optional Blue Cross Blue Shield medical (PPO), dental, vision, voluntary life, critical illness, and accident insurance.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan through Voya (safe harbor and company match after one year).
- 50% off shift meal, plus 25% off all non-shift food-and-beverage purchases (up to three guests).
- Lowest published package hourly rate and free enrollment at Lodgic Kids Camp.
Associated topics: catering, culinary school, dining chef, head chef, kitchen, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, salad chef, sous chef, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...