BASIC FUNCTION: Provides triage nursing and dispenses medication to consumers.
* Dispenses physician prescribed, non-Methadone and Methadone medications.
* Reports to the disciplinary team on medical/clinical consumer in response to treatment protocols.
* Develops and conducts health maintenance and educational groups on issues such as hygiene, nutrition and substance abuse.
* Assesses medical/clinical needs of consumers, writes progress notes, provides input to Directors, Medical Director, Counselors or Psychiatrist and participates in the treatment planning of the consumer.
* Conducts initial medical assessment on new admissions.
* Reviews and conducts internal audits of medical charts to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
* Provides emotional support to consumers as appropriate.
* Fills in for other nurses who are on leave.
* Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
LPN plus 2 year related experience. Understanding of substance abuse and/or Methadone treatment. Multi-culturally sensitive to the needs of consumers in treatment.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time Tuesday-Friday, 6AM-2PM or 7:30am-3:30pm and Saturdays 7AM-12:30PM
LOCATION: 46 East Broadway, NY, NY 10002
To join our diverse team, please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume/application submission.
Associated topics: licensed, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, med surg, nurse i, nurse ii, nurses, practical nurse lpn, vocational, vocational nurse