Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Engineer
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a strategic position on reliability improvement with plant safety instrumented system.
The SIS Engineer has the primary responsibility for:
- Subject matter expert for ES-413, Safety Instrumented System Requirements
- Developing the long range plan for SIS Systems
- Participate in PHA/D&R reviews of SIS related IPL credits (alarms, permissives, procedures, interlocks)
- Maintain SRS(Safety Requirement Specifications) data
- Perform and record SIL verification calculations
- Oversee proof testing of SIFs
- Evaluate results of proof testing and recommend adjustments if and when needed.
- Participate in training program for I/E techs responsible for proof testing and PMs
- Participate on project teams responsible for SIS additions or modifications.
- Consult with site engineers designing or affecting SIFs (Safety Instrumented Functions)
- Review PSSRs involving SIFs - MOC
- Work with operations to develop plans for abnormal operational scenario's.
- Review monthly test reports for trip tracker
- Change SIS code for both MSW and Newer Triconex systems as required
- Support the Asset Team and the Instrumentation Group in troubleshooting SIS unplanned events
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Electrical or other applicable discipline from an accredited university
- 5 years or more of chemical or related industry experience
- Prefer to have Functional Safety Expert Certification from one of the three major providers (CFSE, ISA, T?V)
- Prefer to have a minimum of three (3) years of Triconex experience
- Results Oriented, Communications, Rapport Building, Analytical, Presentation, Decision making
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation skills with interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as a team member, and to plan/coordinate processes for results
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, and project management processes. The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Strong working knowledge of and past experience in Safety Instrumented Systems design, implementation, and testing.
- Demonstrated ability for organizing and tracking a high volume of detailed information that impacts own work
- Ability to apply computer software tools (Tristation, SAP, Microsoft Office)
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the ANSI/ISA-84.00.01-2004 (IEC-61511) standard.
The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com )manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicitedr?sum?s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here .
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, polymer, polymer synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane