The Special Events Coordinator will promote, market and develop special events for the regional store locations for Macy's. This position networks and partners with key senior level executives in the stores as well as the Central Merchant organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Planning and executing sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy's vendors and other strategic partners; includes managing freelancers/outside vendors, such as stylists, caterers, and production companies. Development of event proposals, budgets and execution strategies that are communicated and approved by Director. * Relationship Management with of all vendors and sponsors, which translate into event opportunities; identifying outside sponsors for Macy's special events to offset departmental expense. * Managing the departmental budget, including writing purchase orders, tracking expense, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts. * Writing Macy's event marketing advertising copy for newspaper, online, radio, and in-store formats and coordinating the internal and external advertising approval processes. * Evaluating Macy's event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunity); reporting results to management. * Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's degree preferred. * 2-3 years of event coordination and execution experience, preferably in a retail environment.
* Strong written and oral communications skills * Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to changing business needs.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking. * May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. * May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time. * Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment. * May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Proven financial skills-budgets and execution. * Competence and comfort level with basic quantitative analysis. * Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Lotus Notes. * Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs. * Willingness to work nights and weekends * Must be willing to travel and possess a valid driver's license.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.