The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe PMO Analyst is responsible for supporting the Program Management Office team and processes including portfolio management, project management, project lifecycle management, contract management, vendor management project financial management and business case management. This position will work with colleagues to support the consistent execution and management of the projects within the PMO Portfolios. An emphasis on delivery, communication, critical thinking, organization and teamwork in a matrixed environment is required. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Provide support for the governance and adoption of key processes in the PMO including portfolio management, project management, project lifecycle management, contract management, vendor management project financial management and business case management.
* Work with the Director PMO to develop and implement PMO processes, policies, standards and governance.
* Deliver weekly, quarterly and annual reporting for the portfolios and projects.
* Create, maintain and distribute PMO documentation on a timely basis using Share Point and Service Now Portfolio Management Tool.
* Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers.
* Effective and frequent communication to PMO Team.
* Proactively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in overall project management office processes and tool.
* Use influence and organization to provide consistency across portfolios, projects and project lifecycles.
* When appropriate, work with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
* Collaborate on the use of the PMO processes throughout the organization.
* Track purchase orders and invoices for projects.
* Collect and report internal capital labor for projects.
* Very strong communication management with excellent verbal and written skills.
* O-2 years' experience as a PMO Analyst.
* Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
* Keen interest in financial analysis.
* Ability to problem solve and to apply critical thinking.
* Ability to collaborate and build relationships.
* Ability to demonstrate organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
* Experience with Microsoft Tools (excel, word, project, power point).
* Exposure to technology a plus.
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Associated topics: analysis, business analytic, examiner, financial analyst, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, inspect, investment analytics, monitor, regulation