The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams ? the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production ? the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes ? and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe Stand Lead manages and trains employees in food safety, food production, guest relations, equipment use and maintenance. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* The Stand Lead-Kitchen will manage and train employees in food safety, food production, guest relations, equipment use and maintenance.
* Direct preparation of foods per recipes, keep daily inventory and waste management records of food product and ensure quality control for food product served to guests.
* Inspects locations and submits reports regarding cleanliness conditions, food quality, inventory and incidents. Supervises, trains and motivates staff.
* Ensures that preparation areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner and in accordance with NYC Department of Health standards.
* Participates in meetings as deemed necessary.
* Ensures all safety rules and regulations are followed.
* This position is part-time and scheduled on an event driven basis
* Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
* Should have at least 2-3 years of supervisory or kitchen management experience in high volume restaurant or quick service restaurant. Food operations/service preferred in accordance with NYC Board of Health regulations.
* Must have New York City Food Protection Certificate along with previous experience in training, cash handling, food and beverage sanitation requirements, equipment operation and liquor laws.
* Food operations/service preferred in accordance with NYC Board of Health regulations.
* Experience resolving inventory discrepancies
* Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be people oriented.
* Commitment to providing a high-quality service experience for guests
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
* Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
* Ability to present an uplifting personality while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics
* Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while ensuring the upmost consistency
* Skilled at working collaboratively and in a team environment
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule mostly nights and weekends, holidays required
* Approximately 10 people
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
* Ability to walk/stand for at least 7 hours per day
* Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Associated topics: baker, cafe, corporate, corporate kitchen, culinary, executive kitchen, kitchen, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.