What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
This position will be responsible for the resolution of high complexity and high exposure claims. The position will have increased responsibility for decision making within their authority and work with minimal oversight.
* 3-5 years of current marine/inland marine claims handling experience with a commercial insurance company
* College degree and/or professional designation preferred
* Sound comprehension of commercial marine/inland marine coverages.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience in determining contractual obligations, coverage analyses, and investigations.
* Ability to manage litigation, set loss and expense reserves and evaluate settlement values.
* Ability to proactively self-manage an active caseload.
* Ability to analyze and convey summations of complex issues; recognize alternative approaches and develop action plans, both orally and in written form.
* Travel required as necessary (less than 15%).
\"Why work for us?\"
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people's differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.