Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Real Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
Purpose for the Position: To increase hotel revenues by meeting with 3rd party planners, trade associations, corporate accounts, individuals or other markets in order to promote the hotel and secure additional sales.
* Provide professional and courteous customer service at all times.
* Make personal sales calls.
* Implement approved sales plan and action plans as directed.
* Develop and search for potential markets for hotel.
* Develop, create, and implement innovative Sales and Marketing techniques.
* Execute and distribute all in-house advertising and promotional campaigns.
* Maintain competitive analysis statistical information.
* Maintain current filing system on company accounts and prepare required reports.
* Contact in house meeting planners to promote good will and foster additional and repeat business.
* Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and associations.
* Prepare reports as requested: Sales Call Reports, Internal Sales Report.
* In the absence of a Director of Sales, attend and lead Sales and BEO meetings with the team.
* Attend weekly staff meetings.
* Maintain STS and prepare BEO packets and layouts for the team.
* Complete projects as determined by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
* Understand sales principles relating to the product you are selling.
* Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and efforts.
* Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
* Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to customer.
* Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
* Keep accurate records of contacts, sales, and purchases.
* Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
* Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered \"inside\" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
* Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
* Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate effectively in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
* Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
* People: Supervising: Determining or interpreting work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. A variety of responsibilities are involved in this function. Creating strong relationships with potential clients and the general public.
* Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
* Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training should include a significant combination of some college education, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Over 2 years' experience in sales with some background in convention center operations is desirable.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: b2b, b2e, business technology, franchise operator, guest, inside sales, regional sales, sales, strategic, wholesale