School Nurse Assignment
Maxim Healthcare is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for clinical school nursing positions! We are looking for Registered Nurses (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) who are committed and passionate about having a major positive impact on a child s life.
- Follows policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
- Compliant with school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Initiates program changes as needed.
- Manages program allotment efficiently.
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
- Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Instructs students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12).
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurses (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) license for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Registered Nurses (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) experience preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the nurse practices with a score of 80% or greater
- Maxim background screening
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: license, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, lvn lpn, mtp, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse lpn, nurses, practical