The Role: Senior Finance Analyst
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The finance team is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to budgeting, forecasting and partnering with all other functions of the business. The team values collaboration and the ability to think critically while problem solving. The role reports to the Finance Sr. Manager.
The Impact: This role will provide support to both finance and commercial sales teams. The analyst will provide support and analysis for the month end close and ongoing forecasting as well as market analysis in support of our ETF, OTC Derivative and Custom products. This role will contribute value added analysis, supporting the finance team's strategic positioning within the company.
What's in it for you:
* High exposure to the commercial sales team as well as exposure to the ETF landscape and its analytics
* Contribute to and influence decision making related to the growth strategy of the business
* Opportunity to enhance current processes and create efficiencies related to reporting and analysis
* The role has a multitude of responsibilities and will gain experience in many functional areas of finance
* Key contributor to the month end close, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
* Partner with the commercial sales team by understanding various complex products and providing actionable solutions related to client inquiries and insight into contract renegotiations and disputes
* Create and update models relating to market analysis about ETF's and OTC Derivatives
* Conduct research and synthesize large quantities of data into actionable analysis for management
* Provide in depth revenue analysis for various products and their impact on the bottom line
* Understand and apply best practices related to revenue recognition and integrity
What We're Looking For:
* Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate at various levels across the company
* Possesses strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
* Strong Excel and data manipulation skillset
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and see projects through to successful completion
* Works well both independently and as part of a team
* 4 plus years of experience related to financial planning and analysis, public accounting, asset management or economic analysis preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
* Demonstrated interest in financial markets and securities trading
* CFA/MBA in process (or as a goal)
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500? and the Dow Jones Industrial Average?. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
Associated topics: analyst, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, examiner, guidance, investment analytics, regulation, strategy, valuation analyst