We are seeking an experienced Law Firm Office Administrator to manage and oversee the daily operations of the McGuireWoods New York office. The position is a blend of human resources, operations, administration, facilities, events and hospitality and requires the ability to comfortably wear several hats and adapt to changing priorities and demands with little or no notice. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the organization for a professional dedicated to providing top notch services and maintaining an environment in which staff and lawyers can thrive. Candidates who apply should demonstrate exceptional energy, commitment to service excellence, and leadership in growing the value of support staff in client relationships.
McGuireWoods is a full-service firm providing legal and business solutions to corporate, individual and nonprofit clients worldwide for more than 184 years. Our law firm has earned the loyalty of many longstanding clients with deep understanding of their businesses and broad skills in corporate transactions, high-stakes disputes, and complex regulatory and compliance matters. People come here to do great, challenging work and we provide the resources and training for them to succeed and develop professionally. Working together from offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia, McGuireWoods is dedicated to diverse perspectives, impeccable service, and innovative delivery of practical, business-minded solutions. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
* Manage all office operational functions with an emphasis on practice assistant (secretarial) and support staff management, including personnel alignment, performance, evaluations, interviewing, and policy administration.
* Plan and conduct regular staff meetings and office events including client and business development events and charitable-related activities.
* Oversee facility maintenance; serve as liaison with local property management and working with building personnel and appropriate internal contacts.
* Conduct new hire orientation and assess staff training needs.
* Assist in budget preparation and forecasting; report monthly variances.
* Maintain office security protocol and ensure office meets proper business continuity obligations of the firm.
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven years working in a management role in a midsize or larger professional services firm and/or branch office.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Proven senior-level skills in management, communication, and organization.
* Sound judgment and effective interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
* Excellent problem solving and follow-through skills.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.
Associated topics: consultant, court, firm, legal firm, legal office, litigate, litigating, litigation, litigation attorney, litigation defense firm