Class B CDL Driver (Millers Falls,MA) (Lowell)
Compensation: $50,580.00 - $69,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Driver Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various customer locations. This position will be an extra board/fill-in driver with a pay guarantee of $2500 bi-weekly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
In this position must have the ability to:
* Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Inspect bill of lading and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or Peoplenet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Unload trailer, delivering product into customer premises.
* Perform any other duties as necessary.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
In this position must:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience.
* Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
* Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board Peoplenet device.
* Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
Associated topics: cdl b, cdl b driving, cdl b operator, cdl b owner, cdl b owner operator, cdl c, cdl c driving, cdl c operator, cdl c owner operator, conductores clase c
Associated topics: cdl b, cdl b driver, cdl b driving, cdl b owner, cdl c, cdl c owner, cdl c owner operator, conductores clase c, driver class c, driving class c
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...