Performs electroencephalograph (EEG) testing.
• Attaches and connects electrodes between specified body areas and EEG machine. Performs prescribed testing.
• Reviews patient's history and educates patient about procedure. Monitors and documents patient's condition and responds to and reports any adverse reactions.
• Identifies and corrects for artifacts. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
• Scores/graphs, interprets, documents, and reports results of diagnostic procedures.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES: Applies knowledge of technologies, equipment, and applications used in providing medical diagnosis and treatment.
• PATIENT SAFETY - ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Contributes to a safe patient care environment.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year EEG experience required
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 60.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 40.00%
• Dust 40.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
• Hazardous Medication 20.00%
• Latex 40.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Extreme Heat/Cold 20.00%
• Fire Risk 20.00%
• Heating Devices 20.00%
• Magnetic Fields 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use…Read More