At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Job Description We are:
Memorial Sloan Kettering is looking for clinical chemotherapy Registered Nurse with a BSN to work within the Patient Financial Services Department, overseeing the entire financial clearance process for chemotherapy drugs while evaluating chemotherapy orders to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
* Able to use compelling arguments to persuade and gain the support and dedication of others.
* Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
* A good decision maker, with shown success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* A professional who has demonstrated a pattern of upward growth and a track record of results.
* Utilize clinical expertise to review chemotherapy orders and prescribed treatment plans.
* Gather appropriate medical documentation.
* Ensure strict adherence to established chemotherapy guidelines.
* Collaborate with clinicians throughout the center to expedite orders.
* Handle and oversee entire financial clearance process, working closely with insurance carriers.
* Coordinate peer to peer discussions to gather information to expedite the process.
* Continue to develop and improve work related skills and expertise.
* New York State RN license and BSN
* 3-5 years of oncology nursing practice experience.
Hours: Full-time Five Days 9 am-5 pm (Monday to Friday)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: bsn, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, maternal, neonatal, registered nurse, surgical, unit