- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
21 Warren St
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse - Chemotherapy Verification Nurse-Outpatient Ambulatory Services, NYC (10 hour shifts)
Hours: Full-time days 10 hour days flex (7:30am-8pm) Monday-Friday with potential for two days telecommuting from home available when fully trained.
* Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
* Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintains high standards of nursing care within the organization.
* Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged,using both formal and informal development channels.
* Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
* An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
* Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
* Review each chemotherapy/biotherapy order for completeness and accuracy
* Communicate with Prescribers for clarification or corrections to orders
* Participate in creation and review of research protocol order templates
* Improve patient safety by recording and reporting chemotherapy errors and \"near misses\"
* Participate in multidisciplinary activities, as well as the creation, review, and revision processes of new and current chemotherapy and biotherapy guidelines.
* New York State RN license and BSN
* 2 years of related chemotherapy experience required
* Chemotherapy certification strongly preferred.
* Medical Oncology experience strongly preferred
* Excellent problem solving and negotiation skill
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: asn, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, registered nurse, surgery, surgical, tcu, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.