At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about using your Nursing skills helping Oncology patients?
* Compassionate nursing care to Oncology patients and their caregivers
* Quality, evidence-based care in a healing and innovative environment.
* Care that drives our professional practice model Relationship Based Care
* Support to patients participating in, and support the, extensive clinical trials program at our institution
* Enrolled in ongoing educational and professional development activities.
* Nursing at MSK
* Willing to take action and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* A creative decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintains standards of nursing care within the organization.
* Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
* Approachable and skilled with providing care to diverse groups of people.
* An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
* Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Function in a collaborative outpatient multidisciplinary care delivery model .
* Provide holistic oncology care to a caseload of GI Oncology patients (GI diseases such as; Cancer of the Stomach, Colon, Rectum, Esophageal, Pancreatic, Gallbladder & Bile Duct, Liver; Appendiceal and Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors).
* Perform comprehensive patient assessments, manage patients symptoms and side effects from treatment and provide psychosocial support to the patient and family.
* Coordinate care for a case load of patients across the care continuum.
* Function within a multidisciplinary team that provides continuity of care for the oncology patient throughout various stages of care.
* Provide education to patients and their caregivers. Identify patient and caregiver needs and implement the use of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum.
* Participate in an individualized training and orientation program to ensure your success in providing quality nursing care in ambulatory setting.
You will need:
* New York State Registered Nurse license
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing
* 1.5 years of related medical/surgical experience required
* GI Surgical experience strongly preferred
Hours: Four days a week; 10 hour days flexed Monday - Friday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, infusion, mhb, neonatal, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, transitional