At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Job Description We are:
Are you looking to join a nursing team who provides the highest quality care to patients? Do you want to make a difference each workday?
If so, the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is looking for an exceptional clinical nurse to join our team. This unit is a separate area on the Pediatrics floor for patients who need close observation or more-intensive care support; it's a 5-bed unit that opened a few years ago. You will join a team of specialized nurses, who work alongside pediatric critical care intensivists, fellows, & nurse practitioners.
* An experienced clinical nurse with experience in Pediatrics or Critical Care.
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
* Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged.
* Approachable - someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
* An effective communicator.
* Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Implement the nursing process for medical and surgical pediatric patients requiring intensive monitoring and nursing interventions in our 5 bed PICU.
* Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care.
* Provide patient centered care to our patients.
* Current NYS RN license
* Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN)
* 1-2 years pediatric experience required; Peds Critical care and/or pediatric oncology experience preferred
Hours: 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., with weekend rotation required. #LI-Post
Please Note - This opportunity is not open to New Graduate RNs.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, coronary, domiciliary, mhb, neonatal, psychatric, staff nurse, tcu