At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to be at the forefront of innovation during an exciting time at MSK? Adept at handling ambiguity, creative problem solving, and outstanding administrative support? If you are passionate about our mission and supporting senior leadership then this could be the role for you.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide high-level, diversified support in to our Chief Health Informatics Officer. You will interact with senior-level partners, board members, employees, leadership of affiliated hospitals, and external organizations/consultants.
DHI focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exemplary patient care delivered at MSK. We handle a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management. Additionally, we bring these tools to bear to support programs of care at MSK.
* Manages senior leader's time commitments by planning and scheduling meetings, conference calls and conferences
* Protects schedule from unnecessary and conflicting demands by prioritizing requests and recommending alternative options.
* Ensures calendars are well organized and arranged to accomplish objectives
* Identifies resources Coordinates all logistics (place, food, equipment, transportation, lodging)
* Develops/edits agendas and meeting materials
* Keeps senior leader well-informed of upcoming commitments. Proactively identifies and compiles appropriate briefing and background materials in advance of meetings
* Develops meeting minutes and recaps
* Is the principal administrative contact for the senior leader. Engages with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external parties, which may include Board members, senior leaders in other organizations, regulatory agencies, and the media on a wide variety of matters
* Handles phone calls and visitor flow in an effective and sensitive manner
* Resolves complex inquiries and fulfills requests using knowledge of initiatives and organization policies and programs. Exercises judgment in all interactions
* Coordinates the flow of daily correspondence and inquiries, including resolving and monitoring high priority or deadline oriented materials
* Drafts and edits letters, emails and other correspondence on behalf of senior leader
* Handles dissemination of a wide range of information within MSK and externally. Material may be of a critical, confidential and time sensitive nature
* Prepares reports, presentations, tables, spreadsheets, and various documents. Resolves format, edits and may assist on content.
* Actively identifies and implements administrative processes and tools to ensures optimal work flow, communications and efficiency within the office
* Manages the acquisition and distribution of office supplies and office equipment. Ensures senior leader has the appropriate tools, equipment and software to assist him/her and is operating appropriately
* Resolves routine problems and coordinates resolution of the more complex.
* Prepares/oversees the submission and follow-up of check requests, purchase requisitions, work orders, expense reports, and other forms for approval
* May provide advice and guidance to other support staff on complex inquiries, issues and tasks
* Handles all travel arrangements, which may require complex and detailed plans. Develops travel agendas as needed.
* Identifies resources available during senior leader's absence to handle incoming/outgoing inquiries
* Provides project assistance to the leadership team
* Identifies, compiles and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings with executive staff and outside individuals.
* May analyze data in support of projects and make recommendations
* May assist with annual operating, capital and salary budget preparation
* Confident multi-tasking and taking on additional responsibilities when needed and able to delegate when possible.
* Capable of anticipating and stabilizing the needs of multiple clients.
* Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
* Organized and can simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
* Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear, or the way forward is not obvious.
* Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of dynamic administrative support experience in a healthcare/health tech/IT/informatics setting preferred (minimum 2 yrs. experience required)
* project management experience & PMP desired
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook. Knowledge of clinical systems would be advantageous but not required.
* Meticulous attention to detail and customer service skills
* Good judgment and enjoy working independently
* Exceptional deal of integrity, confidentiality, judgment, discretion and the ability to be dedicated and anticipate needs/changes in a pressurized, complex environment.
* Interest in Health informatics and gaining the exposure to project workflows
Location: 633 Third Ave
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.