At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Our highly skilled nursing team at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) is comprised of over 3,800 nursing professionals. Each of us is dedicated to delivering excellence in the art and science of professional nursing, consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
* A cultivator of innovation who creates and champions new ways for the organization to be successful.
* Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* Eager to cultivate talent and support people in meeting their career goals and the organization's goals.
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
* Collaborate with the departments of nursing, surgery, anesthesia and administrative leadership.
* Plan, direct and manage the clinical and operational functions of the Operating Room (OR) environment during all hours of operation.
* Provide clinical and administrative leadership for nursing staff by developing and implementing programs, services, procedures and quality nursing/AORN standards to ensure exemplary care for patients undergoing surgical procedures at MSK.
* Will play a pivotal role in offering transformational leadership by creating and sustaining a healthy work environment that supports, furthers and promotes excellence in patient care, clinical nursing practice, and patient safety.
* Work a day shift, Monday-Friday, with weekend rotation as needed.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master's degree in Nursing highly preferred
* NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license and registration, CNOR
* A minimum of 5 years recent, related Operating Room clinical Nurse experience
* Demonstrated leadership skills #LI-MA1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, domiciliary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, nurse, psychatric, registered nurse