At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about using your Case Management experience to support Oncology Patients?
Do you have experience working with Pediatric patients and their families?
* Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
* RN Case Management at MSK
* Willing to take action and embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* A good decision-maker, successful at making timely decisions that maintain excellent standards of patient care within the organization.
* Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
* Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
* An effective communicator, capable of figuring out how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
* Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care solutions.
* Passionate about continued professional development related to oncology nursing, case management, and utilization management.
* Provide case management for a caseload of Pediatric Oncology patients.
* Assess discharge planning needs at patient's admission.
* Perform regular concurrent review on all patients and coordinate all needed services including home care to facilitate safe and timely transition to the next level of care and to follow selected patients in the outpatient setting.
* Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and followup.
* Communicate with physicians and clinical nursing staff regarding ongoing patient care.
* Interface with insurance carriers and MSKCC billing departments to initiate appeals and obtain authorizations for treatment.
* Current NYS Registered Nurse License/Registration and BSN preferred
* 2-3 years of clinical hospital nursing experience
* Pediatric Case Management experience preferred
* Managed care/UR/CM experience strongly preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills essential
* Strong decision-making and negotiation skills
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern health insurance coverage
* Knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer
Hours: Full-time Five Days 9 am-5 pm (Monday to Friday)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, infusion, intensive care, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, registered nurse