At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a Research Technician to join our team. The Integrated Genomics Operation (IGO) is the data production engine of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO). Our laboratory supports basic, translational and clinical research with a wide range of genomics platforms. In order to offer the most cutting edge technologies to MSK researchers, our R&D group aims to develop and validate novel genomics platforms.
As a Research Technician, you will learn to:
* Assist in the design and implementation of experiments to test novel technologies
* Meticulously record experimental details
* Evaluate results and troubleshoot assays as required
* Optimize existing igo assays
* Read scientific literature to develop a detailed understanding of your work
* Work with the production lab to transfer newly validated assays to a high throughput format
* Use the lab information management system (lims) and ilab to track samples and experiments
* Enthusiastic, organized and detail-oriented
* Meticulous note-taker
* Efficient time manager
* Able to multitask
* Interested in the broad scientific principles behind the assays being developed
* Able to work independently
* Able to work collaboratively with team members
* Someone who can handle a very fast paced environment and the pressure associated with deadlines
* An outstanding communicator
* Good at mathematics and stoichiometry
* A Bachelor's Degree in a Biological, Chemistry, or Science-related field with undergraduate lab experience and excellent references. A track record of academic excellence. Previous molecular biology experience (handling DNA, RNA) preferred. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: amp, anatomic, companion, diagnostics, forensic, genomic, investigative, laboratory, molecular, pathology