At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you Interested in transitioning into Case Management field. This exciting position offers you the opportunity to utilize your nursing expertise to support Oncology Patients seeking to obtain health care services?
* Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
* RN Case Manager ar MSK
* Willing to take action and embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* A good decision-maker, successful at making timely decisions that maintain excellent standards of patient care within the organization.
* Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
* Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
* An effective communicator, capable of figuring out how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
* Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric care solutions.
* Passionate about continued professional development related to oncology nursing, case management, and utilization management.
* Work with multidisciplinary team and act as a liaison to insurance carriers and staff.
* Deliver information to staff/patient/family members on insurance provisions and benefits as related to care at MSKCC.
* Analyze and implement strategies to obtain and/or optimize insurance coverage for patients who require MSKCC expertise
* Explain hospital and physician billing policies and counsels patients on their Insurance network options per regulatory compliance.
* Demonstrate the ability to appreciate rationales for various oncology plans of care and treatment modalities.
* Possess a depth and breadth of nursing experience that will support efforts to pro-actively anticipate actual and potential needs of oncology patients
* Current NYS RN License/Registration
* Bachelors of Science or Arts with major related to healthcare Nursing or other related major
* Minimum five years direct patient care clinical experience.
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern health insurance coverage.
* Knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer.
* Certification in Case Management or another area of Nursing expertise
Hours: Full-time Five Days 9 am-5 pm (Monday to Friday) transition to Four Days x 10 hours#LI-MM1
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, intensive, intensive care, maternal, neonatal, nurse clinical, nurse rn