At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) - the world's oldest and largest private cancer center - has devoted more than 130 years to exceptional patient care, innovative research, and outstanding educational programs. We are seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support and join the team in the Office of Technology Development (OTD) at MSK. OTD's mission is to ensure that inventions made by MSK's world-class physicians and renowned scientists have the greatest chance of being developed and commercialized. Your work will be important in ensuring that these inventions both benefit patients and return the most value to MSK. You will work closely with our licensing and contracts groups on a diverse set of tasks and projects, including data entry, scheduling, as well as agreement and document management. We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven experience in providing administrative support, and familiarity with Microsoft office software. Come join our team and help make a difference!
* Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
* An outstanding communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communication based on that understanding.
* Willing to act and eager to pursue new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving and complex circumstances.
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
* Perform administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the office. Resolve both routine and complex inquiries and fulfills requests using in-depth knowledge of department and organization policies and procedures
* Establish and maintains confidential files, logs and records. Identify appropriate vehicle for providing access to department information.
* Proactively identify and implements administrative processes and tools to ensures optimal work flow, communications and efficiency within the department
* Function as the key resource for the license and contracting team for all administrative matters. Able to independently resolve issues and questions.
* Manage complex calendars of department leader and department staff, using independent judgment based on knowledge of priorities and resources
* Prepare/produce documents including memos, reports, presentations, and manuals as requested
* Proofread all documents; ensures proper use of terminology, spelling, grammar, and consistency of information
* Make recommendations on content based on knowledge of department initiatives and operations
* Recommend and develop format for presentations and organization charts using appropriate office software. Versatile in Microsoft Office
* Input and update data into spreadsheets and databases for assigned reports and databases ? Assists with designing tools for data collection (e.g., tracking logs, scheduling systems) using appropriate office software
* Prepare reports including summaries and monthly analysis as requested
* Compile departmental data and statistics; prepares analytical reports and spreadsheets
* Assists with department's/division's projects/events of moderate complexity. These projects require independent judgment and critical thinking as well as solid organization skills. Projects typically take an extended time to complete. Projects may include conducting research, summarizing data, analyzing budget items, etc.
* May provide advice and guidance to other support staff on complex inquiries and issues
* Bachelor's degree preferred plus 2-4 years of experience.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Strong prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
* Strong independent judgment and critical thinking skills
* 1-2 years of demonstrated project work strongly preferred. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.