At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you seeking an opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation during an exciting time at MSK? Adept at handling ambiguity, creative problem solving, and outstanding administrative support? If you are passionate about our mission and supporting senior leaders then this could be the role for you.
The Strategy and Innovation team uses design, analytics and strategy to paint a picture of the future of MSK. We work across the organization - collaborating with leadership, clinicians, front-line staff, patients and caregivers to shape decisions and innovate care delivery. The Strategy and Innovation Division is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide professional and polished executive-level operations support.
* Performs administrative activities to maintain the smooth operation of the Strategy & Innovation Division
* Resolves both routine and complex inquiries and fulfills requests using in-depth knowledge of department and organization policies and procedures
* Establishes and maintains confidential files, logs and records Identifies appropriate vehicle for providing access to department information. Ensures content is up-to-date
* Independently drafts emails or correspondence to routine written or oral inquiries
* Completes and submits travel authorizations, travel arrangements, travel expense vouchers, check requests, and purchase requisitions; attaches all needed receipts and invoices for submission; follows up for timely processing; verifies calculations; notifies staff of discrepancies
* May process time sheets for department. Ensures accuracy of information, makes adjustments as needed, and completes within established timeframes
* Provide cross-coverage for other Assistant(s), including answering and triaging calls and scheduling appointments, and Facilities Manager, triaging urgent facility issues and interacting with both internal and external resources and vendors
* Schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences as requested
* Manages complex calendars of using independent judgment based on knowledge of priorities and resources often managing across many stakeholders from teams both internal and external
* Plans and arranges for conferences, workshops, trainings and external events ensuring acquisition of appropriate meeting space and set up given meeting/seminar requirements (e.g., food ordering, technology devices, etc). Uses knowledge of accommodations and structure of rooms to provide viable set up or proposes alternatives; discusses audiovisual equipment needed with requester and Conference Planning and orders as necessary
* Prepares/produces documents for communication including memos, reports, presentations, and manuals as requested
* Proofreads all documents; ensures proper use of terminology, spelling, grammar, and consistency of information
* Develops format for presentations and other communication tools with appropriate office software
* Compiles departmental data and statistics; prepare analytical reports and spreadsheets as requested
* Onboards freelancers and vendors through our procurement processes.
* Manages division wide team seminars including logistics and identifying/managing speakers and topics
* Runs the acquisition and distribution of office supplies and other purchases including IT equipment/software for department.
* Initiates check requests, purchase requisitions, work orders, and other forms for approval
* Assists with team projects/events as requested.
* A self-starter, who demonstrates the flexibility necessary to excel in this position
* Capable of building strong client relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
* An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences
* Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives and goals
* Confident multi-tasking and taking on additional responsibilities when needed and able to delegate when possible.
* Capable of anticipating and stabilizing the needs of multiple clients.
* Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
* Organized and can simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
* Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear, or the way forward is not obvious.
* Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of dynamic administrative support experience in a healthcare setting preferred
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
* Meticulous attention to detail and customer service skills
* Dedication, good judgment and enjoy working independently
* Exceptional level of integrity, confidentiality, judgment, discretion and the ability to be dedicated and anticipate changes in a pressurized, complex environment.
Location: 885 2nd Avenue
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.