At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The primary function of the Supply Clerk role is to support the supply distribution for the Koch Center. Supply Clerks are responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate levels of all supplies and linen in accordance with established par levels for any outpatient or inpatient floor. Collaborates with administrative and clinical leadership and assists with supplies selection necessary to achieve optimum patient care in the most cost efficient manner.
Coordinates with vendors and ancillary services to ensure that all areas, including nurse servers, medication rooms, supply closets, examination rooms, treatment areas, waiting rooms, conference and consultation rooms, and academic/administrative are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate condition. All duties must be carried out in a manner consistent with the standards of the institution.
* Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
* Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow.
* Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
* Adept at learning on the run while tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
* Take inventory and order supplies to maintain shelf levels in all assigned supply areas.
* Order needed items from outside vendors as per departmental guidelines.
* Utilize various software programs used by department including Helios, UPS, Vuetura, Sciquest and others as assigned.
* Anticipate and avoid problems by ordering items before they become depleted. Offer alternatives to out of stock items when appropriate. Notify management team of known supply shortages or anticipated issues with shortages.
* Deliver and store supplies in appropriate location.
* Check all orders received for accuracy against requisition form and packing slips while unpacking and distributing supplies.
* Ensure that all supplies required on patient floors are properly distributed on a timely basis, as assigned.
* Consistently monitor expiration dates of medical supplies.
* Replenish clinical supplies and linen in clinical practice areas including supply storage closets, supply carts, exam rooms, and treatment rooms daily based on par levels for each clinical area.
* Process return of over shipment and incorrect orders in accordance with departmental guidelines.
* Handle the restocking of various other items to assigned floors including oxygen tanks and pantry items.
* Take inventory to maintain par levels in all assigned supply areas per established guidelines.
* Inventory supplies in assigned areas item by item and note quantities needed to bring items up to par-level.
* Suggest change in par levels to best accommodate the needs of staff.
* Check and straighten supply shelves and drawers daily, assure all items are organized, free of dust, and easily accessible.
* Return expired chemical items to Environmental Services for proper disposal.
* Process all supply requisitions/credits and review reports per department guidelines
* Reconcile requisitions placed daily to ensure accurate ordering of supplies.
* Use appropriate forms to request / credit items.
* Ensure that packing slips and invoices are properly documented and scanned into department's system for audit purposes.
* Provide support and coverage in all of the following areas as assigned.
* Restock emergency carts as per departmental guidelines.
* Perform all mailroom duties in accordance with the mailroom procedures when additional coverage is required.
* Perform all receiving duties in accordance with the departmental procedures when additional coverage is required.
* Replace toners for all printers and fax copier machines when needed and as requested following departmental guidelines for the signing out of new toner cartridges and proper disposable of empty toner cartridges.
* Monitor supply of oxygen tanks of assigned area per departmental guidelines.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* One (1) year of supply clerk experience - Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Must be able to work and push heavy carts as well as standing for long periods of time.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* 37.5 work week
* Possible weekend coverage.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule including overnight assignments.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.