Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
The CCG (Core Consultant Group) is made up of Oliver Wyman's early-tenured consultants. The CCG typically have between 0-4 years of consulting experience and join at entry-level as university graduates. The CCG North America Talent Managers (TMs) are responsible for their staffing and performance management and are usually based in our larger regional offices. Each TM looks after approximately 50-60 consultants and is responsible for personally engaging with all consultants in their group to know and understand their strengths, development objectives, personal preferences and career goals. They also frequently interact with Partners across the firm to understand and address project staffing needs.
Manage a population of New York consultants, support the Regional TM Lead in running the semi-annual performance management processes and assist with other Talent Management processes/programs.
* Talent Manage 30-40 junior consultants * Overall responsibility for the staffing of his/her consultant population * Understand consultant performance, skills and development needs to facilitate a smooth staffing process * Assist the consultants in escalating employee relations issues or questions around general Human Capital operations * Ensure systems and files are up to date for his/her consultants * Coordinate with the Learning and Development team on appropriate training for his/her consultants * Manage vacation approvals and project extensions
* Ensure all projects are staffed within the agreed weekly staffing process (working across the TM community) * Coordinate and interact daily with the TM team to provide \"best fit\" solutions on projects * For assigned projects, collect all relevant details from Partners and Practice Group TMs on projects to be staffed * Manage all staff for Business Development, Intellectual Capital and other beach work * Help to make tough staffing decisions across the Practice Groups and ensure we are meeting client needs
* Understand the pipeline of potential projects and be pro-active in raising issues and concerns * Provide project staffing coverage for TMs during vacations or surge times * Assist with monthly New York meetings and other events
Data Integrity and Analysis
* Ensure data integrity of resource planning database and take responsibility for the accuracy of its records by: * Working and coordinating with the Talent Management Central team to ensure consultant information is reflected accurately in relevant systems and all changes are made on a timely basis e.g. close of business daily * Take responsibility for monitoring the quality of information in the staffing system
* Ensure consultant skills and experiences are updated in staffing system * Ensure consultant files and bios are up to date
* Review weekly utilization reports, cross reference with resource management systems to ensure latest information is captured * Assist with the assembly of the project pipeline and consultant availability reports * Help to prepare documents and exhibits for various senior leadership meetings (using Excel and PowerPoint) * Support the year-end review process across all offices and assist with the analysis of performance outcome results * Ad hoc analyses and reporting as needed
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience * 3+ years work experience in a HR related role (recruitment, resourcing or generalist HR) * Good understanding of a consulting environment and curiosity to learn about all industries
Skills and Attributes:
* Solid analytical tool kit and a demonstrated ability to use data to highlight issues and solve problems * Adaptability to learn new tools and become a super-user of the systems/databases utilized by the TM team * Strong Microsoft Excel required, PowerPoint a plus * Attention to detail and high level of accuracy * Ability to juggle several tasks at once, organize, prioritize and manage own time effectively to meet deadlines * Excellent communication, logical thinking, and organizational skills * Highly self-motivated with interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and different cultures * Flexible attitude, hard-working, and prepared to step outside of job description if needed * Ability to work with confidential data * A team player able to function independently, but collaboratively, in a fast-paced environment
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.