Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Independently performsdiagnostic imaging procedures under the direction of a Radiologist and/ormanager in a highly technical and professional manner. Provides care to neonate, pediatric,adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Performs Diagnostic Imagingprocedures on scheduled shifts including operating imaging equipment.
- Rotates regularly throughsurgery cases in order to acquire the skills and proficiency necessary toattain level III status
- Provides patient/family orcaregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical,emotional, and environmental health problems.
- Maintains open and positivecommunication with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Instructs, supervises, andevaluates student technologists.
- Presents a positive image tocommunity and professional contacts.
- Promotes professionalismwith the department, hospital, and community; acts as a role model.
- Demonstrates proficiency inperforming all exams according to protocol.Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean,well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safeand efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates theactivities of the Diagnostic Imaging Department with other areas of thedepartment and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
- Demonstrates proper phoneetiquette and utilization of computers, including completion of exam dataentry.
- Complies with OSHA/JCAHO andother regulatory agency recommendations and guidelines.
- Attends hospital anddepartment meetings and inservices.
- Capable of performing officeand transporting of patients as necessary for patient care.
- Schedules patients
- Has understanding of andtroubleshooting skills as related to PACs.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLSAND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of anaccredited two-year Radiologic Technology program.
- Registry eligible orRegistered Radiologic Technologist; and maintain active registry status.
- Maintains current IowaPermit to Practice
- Participates in professionalsociety (i.e., ISRT or SCD)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certificationsinclude American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American HeartAssociation Basic Life Support.
- Proof ofcompletion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population servedwithin three (3) months of hire.
Associated topics: cath, cath laboratory, catheterization, ct scan, diagnostic, mammographer, ndt, rad, radiographer, scan