- Meritas, LLC
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
21 Warren St
L?man Manhattan Preparatory School is seeking an Aquatics Teacher for the 2019-2020 School Year!
The full time Aquatic Teacher will teach in our Upper School Physical Education Department. The Upper School includes grades 6-12 and enrolls domestic students and international boarding students from all over the world in an exciting location in the heart of Manhattan's financial district. This person reports to the Aquatics Director.
* Demonstrating knowledge of content and pedagogy.
* Planning and executing lessons that differentiate the needs of our students.
* Creating and mapping curriculum, assessing students, maintaining records and writing report cards.
* Coaching Pre-Team, Middle school, Junior Varsity and/or Varsity Swim Team.
* Utilizing learning management and student information systems such as PowerSchool and Atlas Rubicon.
* Communicating effectively with parents, students, school administrators and community partners, including attending parent teacher conferences.
* Serving as a role model to students, being a visible presence in all areas of the school and promoting cooperation and cohesion among all divisions.
* Maintaining a professional environment that is safe, inclusive and creates positive learning environment.
* Collaborating positively and respectfully with members of the Physical Education Department as well as the whole school community.
* Continuing to grow professionally by attending all in-service and professional development opportunities.
* Engaging in other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Aquatics Director.
* A passion for teaching and learning
* A passion for working with children, and creating a student-centered learning environment
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Positive, high energy approach to the role
* Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
* Minimum of 2 years teaching experience, preferably in an independent school
* Bachelor's degree in Physical Education preferred (Master's degree preferred)
* American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Progressive Swim Instructor Certification
* American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid/AED
* CPR for the Professional Rescuer
Associated topics: chief, chief academic officer, direct, director, elementary school principal, executive director, executive management, principal, student, superintendent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.