The Residential Life Program at L??man Manhattan Preparatory School is one of the only high school boarding programs in New York City, attracting a talented pool of students from around the world. L??man Manhattan is now seeking Residential Assistants for its Residential Life Program.
The position of Residential Assistant involves assisting Residential Counselors / House Parents in managing all tasks related to the students' residential experience at L??man Manhattan. Residential Assistants replace full-time residential staff when they are off-duty. Residential Assistants must be willing to take a proactive and hands-on approach toward working with students to solve problems and conflicts and to offer disciplinary and moral guidance when necessary. Residential Assistants are expected to offer the same level of care and attention that a good parent would to his or her own child.
Specific duties and responsibilities include assisting Residential Counselors / House Parents with the following:
* Supervising the student lounge on the evenings and weekends
* Monitoring student checkouts using an online database
* Occasionally serving as chaperone on various events and activities
* Enforcing the program's rules and policies
* Assisting residential staff with the daily maintenance of the dormitory as necessary
The Residential Assistant is an hourly position (approximately 10-20 hours per week) and does not include room and board. Shifts are typically available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11am - 7pm or 3pm - 11pm. Please only apply for this position if you are available to work these hours.
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum 2 years working with adolescents in leadership or mentorship capacity
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Willingness to work weekends, some holidays, and nights
* A motivated and innovative team player
* Experience working with English as a Second Language students
* Experience living or working abroad
* Knowledge of New York City
* Experience leading teenage students on excursions
* Proficiency in a second language, particularly Mandarin and/or Russian.
Associated topics: clerk, college, counselor, coordinate, elementary school counselor, guidance, register, school guidance counselor, speech language pathologist, staff