Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
Global Data & Analytics organization is the team of expert technologists responsible for building big data platforms and data services with innovative technologies to enable MetLife businesses to generate insights, and value to its customers. This team plays a central role in Design, Build & Integration of all emerging technologies and cutting-edge products across MetLife Data Hub and Enterprise Data Management Systems.
The Director of Big Data Product Service Lead (Services, and Applications) & Administration, serves as a technology SME within the Emerging Platforms Organization of Global Data & Analytics. This position has the responsibility to manage services, administration and maintenance of various big-data platforms in US. In addition, the position is also responsible for platform buildouts (install, configure, activate, engineering), establishing core standards, and processes to streamline current and ongoing big-data platform deployments.
* Maintaining the Performance/ SLA, Monitoring Up-Time, Generating Alerts for Service interruption, Triage & Resolutions
* Maintaining High Availability and Failover readiness, Governance for Multi-tenant Platform
* Establishing processes for system quotas, resources management, incident Management (Level 2 + Level 3) with weekly incident reviews.
* Setting up weekly maintenance windows for platform upgrades, configuration changes, application releases,
* Collaborate with teams responsible for development, operations and maintenance of the platform.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 10+ years of experience with Big Data eco-systems, with hands-on development, implementation, and operation of application platforms.
* 10+ years of experience with relevant technology products and components for Big Data (Hbase, Solr, Titan, Containers, APIs, and similar).
* Maintains extremely high performance / high accountability mentality, demonstrated in large, matrixed initiatives
* Experience with operations, monitoring, and maintaining health and wellness of large complex enterprise systems
* Experience with problem solving, successful service delivery - SLA achievement and high level of customer satisfaction.
* Experience with cross functional teams, technologies, and products which directly or indirectly are integrated with Big Data platforms.
* Excels at leading and directing activities of distributed, global teams and ability to direct, motivate and develop project staff in an evolving environment.
* Strong communication skills to lead interactions with business and technology leaders across the global lines of businesses.
* Experience working with multiple vendors, off-hours, and weekend support.
* Bachelor s degree in technology or related field required; Advanced degree preferred
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108359
Associated topics: .net, backend, c, c/c++, c#, design pattern, maven, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead