We are seeking a detailed-oriented professional to take on the role of Assistant Director, Grants Administration. The ideal candidate focuses on details, thrives on collaboration and welcomes innovation. This individual will manage the contract registration process and oversee an assigned portfolio of approximately 90 grants and contracts annually.
Contracts Management: 30% - 50%
* Collaborate internally with Executive, Program, Legal and Development staff on various contract management functions such as contract registration, reporting requirements, contract details and contract lists/checklists.
* Coordinate externally with staff at City, State and Federal agencies as well as staff at major philanthropic organizations.
* Prepare and submit contract documentation in consultation with relevant staff. This includes maintaining schedules, conducting follow-up and escalating issues that may affect timely contract registration.
* Oversee the synchronization of contract work scopes/budgets and reporting requirements.
* Maintain database of contracts. This includes running queries, reports and inputting data.
Grant Accounting/Billing: 30% - 50%
* Prepare financial reports and invoices for all grants to ensure timely and accurate submission to government funders and private foundations.
* Ensure financial compliance with government and private foundation funding requirements.
* Prepare journal entries and allocations as needed.
* Responds to funder-related inquiries from key stakeholders at Met Council and various agencies.
* Assists in the preparation of funder desk audits and Met Council annual audit (specifically the Single Audit, Subpart F of the OMB Uniform Guidance).
* Maintain accurate and updated financial records and files.
Special Projects: 5% - 15%
* Assist Director, Budgets and Grants Management in the preparation of annual budget as needed.
* Prepare special budget reports and projections as needed.
* Assist CFO with risk management functions such as insurance renewals and ongoing requests.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Computer Skills, Motivation, Creative and Innovative Thinking, Analysis and Reasoning, Team work, Relationship Building, Mathematical Thinking, Accountability and Dependability, Valuing Diversity
Skill and Education:
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business is required.
* 2-5 years of grant accounting experience; familiarity with NYC and NYS funder requirements (DFTA, DYCD, OTDA, etc) preferred.
* 2-5 years of contract management experience; familiarity with PASSPort, HHS Accelerator, Grants Gateway preferred.
* Familiarity with OMB Uniform Guidance preferred.Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
* English language proficiency required.
* Must be competent in Excel; Quantitative and Analytic skills are imperative.
* Must possess critical thinking skills; must be able to understand the impact of budgets and contracts throughout the agency.
* Required Constantly: Walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, computer input, finger dexterity and coordination of hand, eye and foot.