HR Business Partner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Share this on
HR Business Partner
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control
applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and
specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit
microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a
broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power
management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety,
security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as
well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
(EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial
Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions
that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Microchip has an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
who will oversee the Human Resources activities for its offices in
Lowell, MA and Simsbury, CT. Microsemi's Discrete Products Group (DPG)
(a subsidiary of Microchip Technology) offers one of the industry's
most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor
product portfolios. The DPG encompasses two business units, the Power
Discrete & Modules BU and the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets the
PDM & RF/MW Discretes BU's address include: alternative energy,
industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications,
embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors and
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
* Manage multiple requisitions. Source and screen resumes, conduct
interviews, negotiate job offers, and maintain accurate records
and documentation for Affirmative Action and OFCCP compliance
* Answer inquiries regarding human resources policies, procedures
* Consult with Corporate Counsel and outside attorneys regarding
immigration and various employee issues as necessary.
* Partner with managers to create requisitions, interview
candidates, and facilitate new hire onboarding.
* Coach managers on HR best practices to optimize employee morale.
* Conduct investigations into allegations such as harassment,
discrimination, safety and policy violations.
* Monitor overall training efforts, ensuring employees are trained
in a timely manner, and that they meet/exceed the Company training
* Create programs to enhance employee engagement and job
* Partner with managers for resolution of employee relations issues
and manage the performance improvement plan process. Ensure proper
and complete documentation.
* Conduct research and analyze data on assigned projects.
* Administer LOA and Workers Compensation claims process.
* Process terminations and conduct exit interviews.
* Maintain employee files and all HR related documents.
Perform other duties and project as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or
related field OR PHR/SPHR certification.
* 5 years of direct HR experience, preferably in a generalist or
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems
(preferably WorkDay and/or PeopleSoft).
* Experience with applicant tracking systems and social media
platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) in areas of recruitment
and employee engagement.
* Knowledge and application of state and federal employment laws
(EEO, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.).
* Management of Leaves of Absence and Workers Compensation cases.
* Proven ability to build and maintain positive working
relationships with peers, employees and management.
* Demonstrated success with gaining credibility and partnering
collaboratively with internal and external customers on all levels
of an organization.
* Effective listening and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities and critical
* Ability to adapt and be flexible with changing priorities.
* Sound judgment and the ability to think quickly on your feet in
* Effective presentation and facilitation skills, team and
leadership development skills, and conflict resolution abilities.
* Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and continuous
* Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
of personal information and other sensitive issues.
* Must be able to work with minimal direction and supervision and
drive tasks to completion.
* Overnight travel to Simsbury, CT office 1-2 times per month and
occasional travel to other local offices.
* Must be flexible with work hours as needed.
* Prior HR experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing
* Prior technical recruiting and/or experience in the semiconductor
industry is a plus.
* SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
* Experience with mergers and acquisitions is also a plus.
* This job requires access to technology, materials, software or
hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United
States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US
citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a
protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment
and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal,
state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations,
please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law
Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email
here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the
email. Alternatively, you may call us at ************ to let us know
the nature of your request. Apply Now
Loading some great jobs for you...