Employment Type: Full-Time
Manufacturing and Production
Share this on
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control
applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and
specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit
microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a
broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power
management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety,
security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as
well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
(EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial
Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions
that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microsemi's (a Microchip Technology Company) Discrete Products Group
(DPG) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and
RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DPG
encompasses two business units, the Power Discrete & Modules BU and
the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets the PDM & RF/MW Discretes BU's
address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense,
commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control,
power solutions, sensors and security. Microsemi is planning to fill
the following position with a talented, creative and motivated
individual. A generous benefits package is offered to all regular full
time employees. Please review the job description below and the
qualifications required to be the successful candidate.
Perform wafer fabrication functions in the production of semiconductor
devices in a cleanroom environment by following written specifications
and performing multiple operations.
Fab Operator Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operating standard wafer fab equipment for metal fab operations.
* Data Entry - Manual data entry on process travelers, SPC charts
and log books, and computer data entry for lot tracking and
* Work on assignments under general supervision.
* Learn the process flow of the various wafer fab functions.
* Interact with all levels of employees to increase output, reduce
waste, standardize work instructions, incorporate continuous
improvement, and improve communications and cooperation between
* Engage in daily production operations and anticipate product
problems (i.e. so that loss of work hours is minimized and
production objectives are met).
* Exchange timely information with other team members and management
on product flow and workforce needs.
* Demonstrate a keen awareness of safety practices and familiarity
with OSHA standards.
* Work with engineering to update technical documents and
* Cross-train in other fab operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Microsemi targets candidates who value teamwork, have effective
interpersonal skills, and respect the technical leadership and
structured processes that we utilize to build our world-class
* 5+ years of experience in a wafer fab environment, preferably
processing metal operations.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Highly motivated and ability to work well with people.
* Aptitude to learn new skills and cross-train on other operations.
* Ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
* Ability to perform basic math skills.
* Ability to process travelers and specifications.
* Steady eye to hand coordination and good observation skills.
* Good hand and finger dexterity to handle wafers without damaging
* Practical working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
* SPC experience.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or
hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States.
Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship,
Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as
defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment
and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal,
state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations,
please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law
Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email
here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the
email. Alternatively, you may call us at ************ to let us know
the nature of your request. Apply Now
Loading some great jobs for you...