Employment Type: Full-Time
Manufacturing and Production
Experienced Team Leader
Share this on
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control
applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and
specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit
microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a
broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power
management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety,
security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as
well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory
(EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial
Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions
that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
What are your Responsibilities?
* Under general supervision, provide a variety of engineering
support functions of a non-standard and complex nature.
* Support Development Engineers in testing and aligning RF Power
Transistors and Integrated Circuits with the purpose of
DC/RF/Thermal characterization, troubleshooting, tuning evaluation
boards to customer specifications, environmental and stress
* Generate test reports and document component changes.
* Configure and calibrate test benches.
* Determine set-up and operation of wide variety of test stands
involving a thorough knowledge of instrumentation theory and
* Work in a research, design/development manufacturing and/or
* Other duties as assigned.
Enter Job Description
What do you need to be a Microchip Engineering Technician?
* ASEE or equivalent education and experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technician, 10 years
* Familiarity with RF Power Transistor and Amplifier modes of
operation, RF/Microwave Measurement techniques and equipment and
basic microwave circuit concepts.
* Capable of bonding and tuning.
* Capable of soldering components on boards.
* Electrical test and alignment of evaluation circuits and boards.
* Knowledge of basic microwave terminology.
* Proficient in circuits, matching and transistor devices.
* Ability to read and understand schematics.
* Must be independent and proactive.
* Must be able to deal with a fast paced working environment.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or
hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States.
Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship,
Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as
defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment
and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal,
state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations,
please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law
Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email
here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the
email. Alternatively, you may call us at ************ to let us know
the nature of your request. Apply Now
Loading some great jobs for you...