Wow! You just found your dream job! Join Team MAR for great pay, company funded profit sharing PLUS 401k, vacation time, semi-annual bonuses and an awesome team of physicians and staff to work with!
Be the first and last impression to our patients, within our successful practice. Greet patients with quality customer service. The successful employee will schedule appointments, collect patient financial responsibilities, daily billing processes, communicate professionally with patients in person or inbound/outbound calls.
* Regular and predictable onsite attendance required
* Ability to travel as needed
* Ability to work overtime as needed
* Checking in and checking out patients
* Copy insurance cards for patients chart
* Ensure all required referrals are presented, complete, and correct
* Furnish new patients with paperwork
* Obtain necessary patient signatures on pertinent forms
* Correctly schedule patients according to template
* Update patient demographics, insurance information, etc. for returning patients
* Register new patients demographics, insurance information, etc. into computer
* Properly and consistently verify insurance information
* Collect current money due and old balances/copays/deductibles
* Politely refer patients to billing when necessary
* Reconcile monies at the end of each day
* Reviews superbill and correctly enters CPT and ICD codes in to Nextgen for billing purposes
* Answer phones according to MAR protocol
* Reschedule or cancel appointments as needed by phone or mail
* Mail out \"no show\" letter to patients as needed
* Print daily schedule for doctors and staff
* Fax information to other locations as requested
* Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Technical Skills Microsoft Office, Navinet, ICD 9&10
* Problem Solving / Analysis Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely fashion.
* Customer Service superior listening skills, professional demeanor and appropriate firmness.
* Conflict Resolution responds promptly to customer needs. Ability to handle difficult patient interactions relative to sensitive billing issues.
* Detail Oriented ensure proper procedures, protocol and processes are complied with consistently.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills Works effectively with patients, employees and physicians.
* Creative problem solving within defined acceptable parameters.
* Time Management maintains high volume productivity level for essential functions.
* Ethical Conduct Maintains confidentiality.
* Organizational Skills Able to prioritize tasks based on urgency, maintain todo list and organize tasks, knowing when to ask for assistance based on workload.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk on a telephone, email and communicate verbally (face to face) with patients who may be hard of hearing or require assistance of some type to fully understand. The employee will also be required to engage in interactive communication with coworkers, typically hearing and reading / responding to their emails.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, bend and reach open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Approximately 20% or as needed for training and coverage.
Required Education and Experience
* 1 year front desk experience in a medical office
* Working knowledge of medical insurance
* Knowledge of CPT, ICD9 & 10, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
MAR is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...