POSITION TITLE:Director of Business Development Distribution
POSITION SUMMARY:We're looking for a highly experienced Business Development Executive entrenched in the 3PL warehousing space that can significantly add immediate value to the organization nationally. The successful candidate will be able to wear multiple hats, execute initiatives, and be completely comfortable in a "lone wolf" kind of role, mixed with interdependencies. You will have a large and tenured network of companies and contacts in the space, as well as have experience with CPG clients, eCom clients, and large brick and mortar clients. This is a high level Business Development role, and the compensation is comparably well apportioned.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Executes strategic sales plans and goals that align with the company's short- and long-term plans.
- Plans and directs sales activities to achieve service-level and budgeted financial objectives.
- Effectively brands and markets PT's services to gain market share.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new or enhanced sales policies, practices and programs to develop new customers and improve the company's productivity, competitiveness and profitability.
- Provides strategic direction and management of RFP responses and pricing to deliver best possible business outcome.
- Manages and services own portfolio of customer accounts, prepares quarterly business reviews, manages and helps resolve customer issues.
- Increases utilization of PT's assets and leverages partner carriers to develop solutions and service models to creatively meet customer needs.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships and communication with other PT departments in order to maintain superior service levels and ensure customer growth at profitable levels.
- Utilizes CRM to ensure companies, contacts, and opportunities are up-to-date and managed accordingly.
- Oversees the coordination of key sales & marketing functions.
- Conducts research on new prospects and potential partners and shares relevant learnings with the team.
- Develops customer-facing PowerPoint presentations and analysis based on customer data and information.
- Engages in other aspects of sales & marketing as directed by leadership
To perform this job successfully, you'll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Be able to work with all levels of the organization.
- Be able to establish strong business relationships and work effectively with project team members and key stakeholders.
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ year's direct sales experience; with an emphasis on partnering and developing business with major retail and wholesale accounts.
- Extensive background in 3PL sales specifically distribution (retail, wholesale, e-commerce, and omni-channel fulfillment) as well as some transportation experience (LTL, dedicated fleet, store delivery, and drayage).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business development, negotiations, customer acquisition and retention.
- Extensive background selling to retailers and fashion, apparel, footwear, consumer products, and automotive customers as well as, working at a 3PL or non-asset based organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of warehousing solutions, pricing, and market factors that drive new business.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, ability to develop and guide behavior and work effectively at all levels within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office (primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) as well as CRM tools.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- This job description is designed to contain a condensed overview of the skills and experience applicable to the successful performance of this role
Associated topics: analyst, business, business intelligence, channel partner, inside sales, mba, retail, strategic, strategy, territory sales