- Milton Hershey School
- $54,110.00 -77,570.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
500 Homestead Ln
Milton Hershey School is seeking part-time Dining Room Worker (DRW) for its growing campus. This position is responsible for assisting in preparing, servicing, portioning and monitoring the cafeteria line for the noon time meal for staff and students. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: assisting in the set up & monitoring of tables, service areas and dish washing, cleaning up the dining room & Food Service facilities after the meals are served, preparing and servicing a variety of catered events, and performing other duties as assigned.
The standard work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday not exceeding 29 hours per week (year-round schedule). Flexibility with the schedule is essential in this position to meet the needs of the school (earlier starts, occasional weekends & evenings for catering). The part-time DRW may work catering functions prior and/or beyond the normal regular work/shift schedule and will be compensated at a premium rate. Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. The starting pay for this position is $12.44/hour, and after the probationary period (1 year) the pay will increase accordingly with the school year.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Prior Food Service, catering or customer service experience, preferred.
* Experience in Safe Food handling practices, preferred.
* Valid NSF Serv Safe Certification or ability to obtain upon hire within six months.
* Valid PA Driver's license in good standing.
* Ability to respond to customer service related issues.
* Ability to communicate and interact with students and adults.
* Ability to make independent judgments based on common sense.
* Ability to maintain accurate records, understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Ability to operate and care for institutional kitchen equipment (convection ovens, dishwashers and other kitchen utilities).
* Physically capable to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
* Spanish Fluency, a plus.
* Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
* Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students.
Associated topics: baker, catering, chief chef, commercial, culinary, kitchen, prep chef, service manager, sous chef, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...