- Milton Hershey School
- $46,800.90 -119,250.00/hour*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
500 Homestead Ln
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a part-time High School Instrumental Music Support Teacher. This role is responsible for providing effective and engaging instrumental instruction on a variety of band instruments in support of our FT band teachers and the overall MHS band program. Woodwind and low brass expertise is preferred. The position works 10 months (August through June), up to 29 hours per week (often scheduled before, during, after the regular school day and weekends).
Music Support Teachers work directly with MHS students to teach instrumental music skills while also mindfully developing the whole child, particularly as it relates to character. MHS Teachers work in very well resourced classrooms and in a collaborative environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Music Education required. Music teacher certification preferred.
* Demonstrated skills in successfully teaching school aged students to play a variety of band instruments (woodwind and brass expertise preferred).
* Marching band experience a plus.
* Experience preparing students for performances and competitions preferred.
* Co-teaching, collaborative teaching and/or curriculum integration experience a plus.
* Experience working with lower-income and/or diverse student populations a plus.
* Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
* Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students.
Associated topics: accompanist, band, guitarist, horn, keyboard, music, organist, player, saxophone, soprano
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...