Site Reliability Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
This role is based within our Global Technical Operations team. Mimecast Engineers are technical experts who love being in the centre of all the action and play a critical role in making sure our technology stack is fit for purpose, performing optimally with zero down time.
In this high priority role you will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of large farms of servers in multi geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of our most popular services.
Contribution and active involvement with every aspect of the production environment to include:
- Dealing with design issues.
- Running large server farms in multiple geographic locations around the world.
- Performance analysis.
- Capacity planning.
- Assessing applications behavior.
- Linux engineering and systems administration.
- Architecting and writing moderately-sized tools.
- You will focus on solving difficult problems with scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.
In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) in identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU and network issues.
- Extensive experience with at least one scripting language apart from BASH (Ruby, Perl, Python).
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, including familiarity with concepts such as OSI stack.
- Ability to analyze network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Hands on experience automating the provisioning of servers at a large scale (using tools such as Kickstart, Foreman etc).
- Hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
- Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite etc.
- Strong understanding of common Internet protocols and applications such as SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SNMP etc.
- Experience running farms of servers (at least 200+ physical servers) and associated networking infrastructure in a production environment.
- Hands on experience working with server hardware such as HP Proliant, Dell PowerEdge or equivalent.
- Be comfortable with working on call rotas and out of hours working as and when required to ensure uptime of service's requirements.
- Due to the nature of this role's responsibilities, you Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. to be considered a candidate.
- Working with PostgreSQL database.
- Administering Java based applications.
- Knowledge working with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with container technology.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- provided by Dice
Loading some great jobs for you...