Pursue the following assignments with the supervision of management: creating and presenting marketing materials; negotiating with potential clients; researching countries, industries, and individual companies; generating and defending internal credit applications, including creating pro-forma financial models; and conducting due diligence and documentation reviews, and all associated administrative work. Assist in the origination of deals. More specific duties include:
* Assist in the development of marketing plans. Create marketing materials. Make direct marketing calls jointly with MDs/Directors/VPs; * Originate new project finance arranging, advising and lending opportunities as well as obtain mandates and/or execute high status project finance transactions; * Prudently perform execution of arranger, agent and FA works with quality; * Prepare credit applications and other internal documents in order to obtain appropriate internal approvals for the group to pursue project financing transactions; * Complete necessary research and analytical work (including pro-forma financial modeling) required for the above activities; and * Coordinate works with members of other groups/offices for the Bank's higher overall performance.
* Assist the Management in internal administrative matters and managerial work; * Primary interface with booking/reporting processes; * Assist Portfolio Management staff with post-booking activities; and * Other administrative work associated with the project finance business.
3) Technical Skills:
* Project finance experience and skills necessary to pursue the above mentioned tasks (i.e., legal, finance, economic, communication and negotiation, technical, insurance etc.) * Strong analytical and quantitative skills; and * Advanced level Excel, Word and Power Point (i.e., creating and editing macros, use of advanced editing functions, use of advanced formula functions, making effective presentation material etc.)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or a similar course of study and 1-3 years of relevant work experience in Banking; * Advanced level Excel (or equivalent) software skills necessary for modeling contractual and technical parameters of a project, and performing sensitivities; * Project Finance experience with a financial institution (or alternatively experience with a project sponsor or high degree of engineering or legal/accounting background); * Strong presentation skills; and * Effective oral and written communication skills; and
* It is required to work overtime or during the weekend when workload is heavy; and * It is required to make business trips (domestic and international) when needed.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Associated topics: analyse, bi, business systems analyst, examiner, financial analyst, government, guidance, law, regulation, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.