MLB's Baseball Tracking System (BTS) combines Doppler radar-based ball flight measurement technology with optical player tracking technology for television broadcast, Internet, stadium video production and organizational data. It is the perfect part-time job for a diligent, responsible employee who also happens to be a big baseball fan.
* Arrive at the ballpark 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time;
* Double-check and verify the game ID, both team's rosters, batting lineups, pitchers, and other pre-game information;
* Enable and verify video recording 10 minutes prior to start of game;
* Enable and/or disable pitch tracking between innings;
* Ensure each play has captured all baseball events and player tracking accurately;
* Work closely with MLB data operations personnel to troubleshoot the system and ensure accuracy of data;
* Provide detailed post-game reporting and recaps.
* Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks in a timely manner;
* Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, software;
* Ability to deal with challenging personalities;
* Willingness to learn system flow;
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Ability to understand and follow baseball play during a game;
* Strong communication skills;
* Reliable transportation and cell phone.