- $28,740.00 -39,230.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
21 Warren St
Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About Momofuku Noodle Bar - Columbus Circle
Founded by Chef David Chang, Momofuku Noodle Bar first opened in New York City's East Village in 2004. Noodle Bar serves noodles, buns, and a rotating selection of dishes that change with the seasons.For the second location in New York City, Executive Chef Tony Kim is developing a new menu to translate the DNA of the original Noodle Bar to the Time Warner Center Restaurant and Bar collection.Noodle Bar will be located on the third floor of the Time Warner Center and is anticipated to open in mid-2018. It will feature a full bar, and serve both lunch and dinner.
The Momofuku Bread & Dough Cook is an individual who assists the BOH leadership in preparing bread, dough, and dishes relating to those ingredients. Cook maintains a safe and clean food environment and takes on other culinary tasks as delegated by Culinary Management. The ideal Momofuku candidate is focused, driven, detail oriented and comfortable working in a kitchen environment.
* Prepares doughs by measuring ingredients; mixing ingredients to form dough; cutting dough into portions; molding dough into leaves or desired shapes and cooking dough as instructed by manager.
* Ensures quality of results and execution of tasks.
* Maintains proper organizing and stocking of work station
* Keeps mixing and baking equipment operating by following operating instructions.
* Follow and comply with established procedures, including, health and sanitation.
* Working with seasonal ingredients for the preparation of menu items.
* Assisting the BOH team with all preparation and organization in the kitchen.
* Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
* Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
* Honing existing skills while learning new techniques
Skills & Requirements
* 1+year of related experience with dough and bread production.
* Ability to work a varied schedule including overnight, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Must thrive in fast-paced, high energy and team-oriented environments.
* Possession of a NYC Food Handlers Card is a plus.
* Strong attention to detail.
* A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication.
* Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
* High volume restaurant experience preferred.
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: appetizer, breakfast, cafeteria, cocinera de produccion, commercial, food prep, fryer, prep, prep cook, station
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.