Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About Kawi and Peach Mart
Executive Chef Eunjo \"Jo\" Park will helm Momofuku's upcoming restaurant at Hudson Yards. Scheduled to open early 2019 and located on the fifth floor of the Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards, the restaurant will feature a takeaway option in addition to the main restaurant concept. Chef Park has worked at some of the world's most celebrated restaurants, including, but not limited to Daniel, Le Bec Fin, Per Se, and Momofuku Ko.
The Sommelier's daily responsibilities include but aren't limited to the selling of wine and other beverages on the restaurant floor, maintaining the standards of the restaurant, assisting the other FOH positions when necessary, and working with the Beverage Manager to maintain a top-notch beverage program in conjunction with the Momofuku brand.
* Prioritize wine and beverage demands during service but never to the detriment of flow of service at large
* Sell wine and other beverages nightly
* Assist the bar as needed
* Performing server responsibilities based on need
* Training others based on need
* Continual education of wine list
* Aiding beverage team in the following duties
* Maintenance of physical wine book
* Setup and breakdown of wine station
* Wine storage and organization
* Creating and maintaining wine, beer, sake, spirits and cocktail education materials
* Firm understanding of the bar program, including memorization of cocktail specs, a strong knowledge of spirits program and the bars standards of procedure
Skills & Requirements
* At least 2 years related experience
* Strong knowledge of Food / Beverage
* Must have strong understanding of wine service
* Meticulous attention to small details
* Excellent communication & guest relations skills
* Fine dining or high volume restaurant preferred
* An enthusiasm to further grow and refine as a Sommelier with our team!
* No certification required
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
Momofuku features an ever-changing, evolving menu, with limitless opportunities for creativity. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical insurance, paid time off, cell phone data reimbursement, gym discount, pre-taxed commuter benefit, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: beer, beverage, beverage service, club bartender, cocktail service, drink service, license, mixologist, shots, tequila