Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Momofuku Back Waiter assist the service team in providing guests with the Momofuku experience. They are expected to give service that is knowledgeable, approachable, energetic, and thoughtful while upholding company standards and values in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient, friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
* Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance, including, but not limited to: water service, clearing and cleaning tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
* Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by communicating effectively with the proper server or management.
* Assist in the cleaning and polishing of all tableware.
* Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks effectively.
* Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service.
* Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge and run food to tables if needed.
* Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
* Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
* Communicate respectfully with coworkers at all levels.
* Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills & Requirements
* Minimum 1 year of restaurant experience in a high volume environment.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative attitude.
* Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
* Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback.
* Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment.
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.