- $31,510.00 -49,030.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
21 Warren St
Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Momofuku Bar Backs assist the bar team in providing guests with the Momofuku experience. Momofuku Bar Backs are expected to give service that is knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful while upholding company standards and values in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times
* Assist bar team with ongoing bar and guest maintenance, including water service, clearing and cleaning bar seats, and restocking service tools and beverage mise en place, etc.
* Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicating requests to bartender as needed
* Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of service tools and bar areas
* Communicate respectfully with bar (and kitchen team) as necessary
* Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks
* Assist in service preparation including but not limited to juicing and cutting fruit, preparing syrups, building garnishes and batches, etc.
* Responsible and accountable for maintaining department of health standards of procedure
* Responsible and accountable for maintaining all approved beverage recipes to the provided specifications
* Responsible and accountable for maintaining all provided standards operating procedure
* Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
* Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
* Stocking and preparing service related items
* Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
Skills & Requirements
* Minimum 1 year of restaurant experience in a high volume environment
* Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
* Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
Momofuku features an ever-changing, evolving menu, with limitless opportunities for creativity. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical insurance, paid time off, cell phone data reimbursement, gym discount, pre-taxed commuter benefit, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: barback, beer, beverage, beverage service, drink, liquor, lounge, martini, pub bartender, shots
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.