Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
As the first (and last) point of contact, Momofuku Hosts are friendly and warm, yet professional and exacting. We are looking for well-presented, engaging individuals who will be excited to provide knowledgeable, approachable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service while upholding Momofuku standards and values.
* Greet all guests entering the restaurant and thank all guests leaving the restaurant
* Manage reservation system
* Ensure reservations are prioritized and seated in a timely manner
* Strive to accommodate walk-in guests whenever possible
* Clearly and politely communicate with guests when delays and/or waits occur
* Maintain an organized floor by quickly and efficiently seating guests according to company standards
* Understand and operate the reservation/seating system
* Maintain professional and warm guest communications - inside the restaurant or via phone/email
* Recognize key people in the industry, VIP guests and contacts related to the company and follow company protocol related to their visit
* Communicate respectfully and clearly with service team and management
* Support team members in the completion of their duties to ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after service
* Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
* Maintain cleanliness and organization at the host stand and front door area
* Additional service and/or operational tasks as determined by manager
* Adhere to grooming and dress code standards
* Assist teammates to anticipate all other FOH needs
Skills and Requirements
* Minimum 1 year of host and/or restaurant experience in a high volume environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong sense of hospitality, and a collaborative attitude
* Ability to work in an organized and professional manner
* Able to work in a standing/walking position for long periods of time
* Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
* Receptive to constructive criticism and performance feedback
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
Momofuku features an ever-changing, evolving menu, with limitless opportunities for creativity. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical insurance, paid time off, cell phone data reimbursement, gym discount, pre-taxed commuter benefit, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: anfitri?na, anfitri?n, anfitri?nes, banquet server, camarero, host, restaurant server, servidor, steward, wine steward