- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
21 Warren St
Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery (Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
The Sous Chef will assist in managing the line and ensuring the flow of service is efficient and smooth. The Chef will have the opportunity to create and have input on new menu creations. A key responsibility will be mentoring, training and disciplining staff (line cooks, prep cooks, etc.)
* Monitor and ensure that standard kitchen operating procedures are met
* Manage all kitchen employees including training, mentoring, and disciplining
* Support and manage prep for service; ensure all prep items and recipes are made to standard
* Oversee the line during service while monitoring cooks' progress and flow of service
* Oversee the flow of the kitchen and the flow of food to maintain service standards
* Working with the Executive Chef on menu creations and daily specials
* Assist in interviewing, selecting and onboarding all BOH hourly new hires
* Assist monitoring the receiving of all product to ensure it meets restaurant standards
* In partnership with the Executive Chef and CDC, develop new menu items and ensure proper execution and roll out of any new additions
* Schedule staff; Assist in payroll related responsibility
* Send daily service reports, reservations logs, and hr related processes such as trail paperwork, worker's comp, and accident reports.
* Manage inventory and costs with the Executive Chef & CDC
* Support staffing needs for BOH open positions
Skills & Requirements
* 5+ years of related (high volume) experience required
* 3+ years of management experience required
* Experience with back of house administrative and managerial duties a must
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
* Exceptional communication and supervisory skills
* The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, along with gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Associated topics: commercial kitchen, culinary, executive chef, grill chef, head chef, kitchen, pantry, service, sushi, tavern
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.