Moody's Investors Service (MIS) is hiring a Vice President ? Senior Analyst position to support MIS's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team. The position will enhance the systematic and transparent consideration of ESG factors in credit analysis. The successful candidate will lead Moody's physical risk analysis efforts, focusing initially on the development and testing of a framework evaluating the physical impact of climate change and other related considerations to an issuer's assets and contributing to the building of analytical tools to help Moody's credit analysts integrate transparent indicators of risk in a more structured and systematic way into the credit analysis for individual issuers.
ESG integration is a fast-growing trend in the fixed income market and an emerging and highly important area of focus at MIS. This is a very challenging, high profile opportunity to be part of a team working to rapidly develop market-leading, innovative research solutions. The successful candidate will play a critical role supporting the ESG team in building Moody's capabilities in this area within a compressed timeframe. Going forward, the candidate will, among other core responsibilities, assist group credit and analytical teams across Moody's in the integration of material physical risk factors into MIS credit opinions, guide data and analytical team members in the creation of physical risk assessments, author issuer-focused and thematic research, and monitor quality and productivity metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
The role requires an experienced, highly motivated individual with deep and direct knowledge of environmental and physical risk issues, demonstrated research and writing ability and strong data and analytic abilities. Having an understanding of, and interest in, broader ESG and sustainability issues, and their application in the investment decision-making process, would be an advantage for the position.
* Perform holistic analysis to support development, testing, and implementation of physical risk frameworks and analytical tools
* Lead team of junior and other analysts in the assessment of individual issuers
* Contribute to the development of data capture, validation and recordkeeping solutions using third-party data and research, public company filings and other public information as key inputs
* Coordinate with other internal teams including corporate, infrastructure and public finance ratings team members and Information Technology team members as needed
* Present at conferences, investor and internal senior management meetings
* Conduct and author thematic and issuer-specific research relevant to credit analysis
* Participate in MIS rating committees when required
* Draft periodic update presentations to senior management that organize data and findings in a logical manner
* Attend internal discussions, including ESG regional working group meetings, to further the development of MIS's ESG capabilities
* Develop and maintain an understanding of key ESG issues and integration into MIS's ratings
* A minimum of 10 years of professional experience related to financial markets, ESG or climate analysis
* Detailed and extensive understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
* Bachelor's degree required
* Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Associated topics: accounting, analyst, budget, director finance, equity trading, expense, financial controller, investment banking, tax, treasure