Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
The Equity Research department is responsible for researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, along with company fundamentals. It also collects and analyses financial information to make investment recommendations on stocks in specific sectors. Research analysts build financial models to explore alternative scenarios, examine industries and communicate with companies and investors. Equity Research team members discuss their analysis and investment recommendations in research notes. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
We are seeking an Associate to join our Consumer Staples team in New York City, covering the food & beverage and household products sectors.
The Associate's primary responsibilities are but are not limited to:
* Create and maintain earnings, valuation and industry models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics.
* Write research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, earnings results, and industry news.
* Interact with institutional investors, respond to requests for models and data analysis.
* Keep abreast of industry-related news flow. Analyze implications of news/industry developments to companies under coverage.
* Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel and management of companies under coverage.
* Conduct industry diligence and primary research through surveys, expert conference calls, and various channel checks to evaluate industry trends.
* Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the sector
* The candidate will have 1-5 years of professional experience in Equity Research, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Commodities, and/or the CPG Industry
* Experience utilizing Excel to Build / Maintain Financial models, an advanced level of excel proficiency is expected and required
* Experience writing in a professional capacity, e.g. crafting equity research notes / correspondence; presentation and/or development of industry reports
* Strong PowerPoint skills are required
* Expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure
* Strong attention to detail is a must
* Consumer Products / CPG and/or food & beverage sector experience is a plus
* CFA is a plus
Associated topics: business analyst, capital, credit, economics, market, estate, financial, financial analyst, real estate, valuation